For the main project in this course, it is our goal to create and implement a learning unit that incorporates high level technology tools, resources, and theory in order to enhance the learning of students. As a high school math teacher, I immediately begin to consider what units I have coming up in the near future, and am trying to decide which ones could be the most conducive to enhancing with technology.
I teach calculus, precalculus, and an algebra class, so I have numerous possibilities for this assignments. I immediately begin to think about Calculus class, because I spend the majority of my time trying to enhance this high level course. So, initially I am considering the overall units of differentiation, or one of its application such as related rates or optimization. I have also considered the precalculus topic of exponential and logarithmic functions. Over the next week, my focus will be on researching tools for both of these topics and determining which one would be better suited for this project.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment